- Oversee daily cash transactions of all cashiers within the hospital, verify the records and close the daily transactions.
- Maintain a daily cashier reconciliation recap; report any discrepancies to management.
- Handover all the cash collected for bank deposit to the “designated messenger” to comply with the cash deposit policy.
- Prepare and submit cash reconciliation report on daily basis to line manager in order to close the cash collection account for the hospital.
- Collect all credit card transactions receipts from cashiers and reconcile the payments in order to verify the records.
- Submit the claims receipt for credit card payment reimbursement to the relevant department in order to receive timely cash reimbursements.
- Responsible for handling and managing petty cash on a monthly basis in order to support the ongoing requirements of the hospital.
- Ensure collection of bills and receipts for all petty cash transaction in order to effective tally the petty cash balance against spend.
- Report any variance of petty cash to line manager in order to resolve the issue in line with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the payment collections are in line with bills issued, and all documentation are complete prior submission of insurance claims and reconciliations.
- Ensure timely collection and processing of invoices of the services provided by the approved vendors like – laundry, waste management, pest control, security etc. for timely payments.
- Coordinates with accounting department in daily and monthly balancing of accounts receivable to the general ledger. This may include cash clearing, credit balance and unidentified accounts.
- Review data and trends on missing payments, cash shortages, receipts and missing documentation and advice process improvement measures to reduce such occurrences and minimize loss of revenue.
- Train and mentor the cashiers and ward clerks in their respective areas of responsibilities and ensure their performance are up to requisite standards of PHCG.
- Ensure that Communication activities promote positive staff relations and timely resolution to outstanding staff request and issues.