- Coordinate with the physicians for accurate clinical documentation to avoid insurance rejection and minimize denials. Provides feedback regarding coding errors and oversight.
- Coordinates with the Insurance team for procedures that may need authorization prior to billing.
- Abstracts necessary information from health records to identify secondary complications and co-morbid conditions.
- Ensures coding is following DHA guidelines and regulations.
- Prepare statistical and analytical reports of coded data for facility administration and improvements.
- Ensures timely submission of medical claims to insurance companies by obtaining referrals and pre-authorization. Reviewing patients bills for accuracy. Following up with unpaid claims within standard billing cycle time frame. Checking insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with any contract discount.