- Establish and maintain procedures to ensure medical records are safely maintained within the institution.
- Collect, assemble, check and file patients’ charts as required. Ensures that records are in proper order, completed, signed, and indexed.
- Ensure that incomplete records are addressed with the appropriate department for correction or completion.
- Identify and implement changes regarding policy, productivity and quality measures, and assure that staff performance improvements related to work-flow efficiencies and operations.
- Answer inquiries (requests, subpoenas, court orders) regarding information recorded in the medical record while ensuring that patient rights are always protected.
- Establish and maintain procedures to ensure medical records are safely maintained within the Group.
- Ensure periodic visits to clinics / hospital to oversee the department activities.
- Prepare and maintain statistical reports and various registries, including admissions and discharges of patients.
- Purge records in accordance with policies and procedures and in accordance with acceptable retention requirements of the law.
- Coordinate with interdepartmental personnel, as well as other departments within the Group, to assure that services are properly maintained to meet the needs of the patients.
- Evaluate staff performance on an annual basis. Accurately measure and evaluate staff performance, productivity and quality measures, and assure that staff is following and meeting departmental standards.
- Assume the responsibility for the management and training of departmental personnel in the various functions of the department.
- Respond to inquiries of staff, vendors and the public for the purpose of providing information and/or direction, discussing and resolving any issues and/or problems.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent patient care information. Graduate degree in any discipline. Certificate in Medical Records management.
- Graduate degree in any discipline. Certificate in Medical Records management
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of related experience in a multispecialty hospital or clinic